Saturday 22 February 2014

Behind already!


Out today with boys and dog trying to find images of an horizon

This is going to be a short post because I have already spent the evening writing about a visit to a gallery earlier this week - see here.

I am also already behind as my deadline for Assignment 1 is the 24th February.  What on earth was I thinking agreeing to this date as it falls just after half term?  I'm nearly done with it and may even complete the photographing part of it before the end of tomorrow but I shan't be able to compile it in time.  I've realised I need to do the next assignment in smaller chunks rather than uploading all the exercises and assignment in one go which is probably what I'm going to end up doing.  I have been following a couple of other blogs and noticed how sensible their bite-sized approach is compared to mine!

I have not done nothing this week though.  I've been incredibly busy.  I had a jolly long chat (slightly ridiculous possibly? but very interesting) with someone on Flickr about some artists/photographers I'd never heard of such as Todd Hido, Matt Lipps, Douglas Stockdale and Joel Witkin, all of whom I will no doubt write something about here at some point.  A great blog was recommended: www.thephotobook.wordpress.com which I have looked at briefly and might mention again here at a later date.

I also did my first big corporate job: learned a lot, especially how little I know about anything and in particular lighting.  And I had some good chats about copyright on one of the forums I visit which was very helpful as a couple of people and the company I worked for have asked me why photographer's retain copyright.  That's been really interesting and when I've thought about it a bit more I will no doubt bang on about it here for a time.

And on top of all that - it's been half term.   I'm really knackered!

No comments:

Post a Comment