Tuesday 17 June 2014

My thoughts on the assement criteria

Demonstration of technical and visual skills
I suspect I have demonstrated that I know enough to start playing around with what a camera can do. I photographed a wedding for the first time this weekend just gone and although I am certain I didn't do anything too amazing I know I managed to at least get the exposure right most of the time and capture some moving moments (although I missed some stuff which was annoying but forgivable considering it was my first foray) I mention this because although I have no desire to become a wedding photographer the experience was important but I wouldn't have taken it on had I not felt able to get the basics right - it was terrifying nevertheless.  There is still much to learn about lighting and composition in particular but I am very much beyond where I was a year ago.
Quality of Outcome
I am a bit nervous that I may have gone down the wrong path but I also think that I might have taken a healthy step in the right direction of 'finding a voice' despite the fact that I am sure I'm influenced by someone who is influenced by another.  (Isn't that how it works though?)  Looking at the the images having posted them I can see where I should have looked at the whites in some images making them cleaner. I left lots of marks deliberately but there were a few dots that I removed and hopefully I've not missed any. 
Demonstration of creativity
I think I've probably been quite creative  - perhaps so creative that I've not done the right thing! The actor in me has been very much involved in the work I did for the assignment although not for the exercises which were more thoughtful and measured. 
Context
I have not written as much this time as I did for the first module.  But I have been thinking a great deal and didn't feel the need to blather quite so much.  I have looked at other artists' work  - museums,  books and online but might have done more.  I still have two books to write up but didn't have time.  I have not read enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment