Tuesday 17 June 2014

Assignment 2


Please view the images initially as a slideshow on as a big screen as you can as I think they work best that way.

These images are an expression of where I have been and acceptance of where I am now.  I hope there is keening, death, love, sex, innocence, isolation and aging in them.  There should also be fear of the unknown but an acceptance of that fear, excitement, celebration and play.  For me these are the words that describe life so far and in particular pertain to events of the last two, possibly three years.

Please visit here and click on individual images to see exif data (by clicking on the small i under the image) Basically I took all the images on a very slow shutter speed, at f22, ISO 100 in order to achieve the sense of movement and instability.  I edited in Lightroom and added a Niks Silver Efex filter in Photoshop which I adjusted slightly in some images.

Commentary and notes about development as well as thoughts about assessment criteria available via these hyperlinks.  I have deliberately left this page relatively sparse as I wish for the images to stand alone.


Implied triangle


Several points in a deliberate shape

Rhythm (i)

Two points

Diagonals

Distinct even if irregular shapes

Several points in a deliberate shape

Curves

Vertical & just about horizontal

Pattern

Single point

Rhythm (ii)

Horizontal & just about vertical

Implied triangle

Distinct irregular shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment