Wednesday 4 March 2015

Exercise 2: Evidence of Action



Produce one photograph in which it can be seen that something has happened.  "Symbolism is one of the main techniques in illustration"; the symbolism of this to me is obvious but it was also obvious to me in the previous exercise and I think the point was missed by some fellow students so perhaps I'm being a little too abstract.

This image in a way follows on from the previous exercise, which was an expression of leaving a place in my head that was insular and about the past.  This photo is a bit of a joke saying, yes, I have left that place and graduated downstairs to my kitchen, which is a step in the right direction, AND I'm having a bit of a good time, albeit a little crazy.

Added later: I am not sure why I do this sometimes- actually, I am sure - when I think the photo isn't any good I play around with photoshop or Filters and the photo I originally put here had one on, but I have replaced it with an image without a filter below.  I still don't think it's that great a photograph but it's an idea and I discuss this in another post.  I will say however I like using filters sometimes on the more abstract stuff but I think I need to learn to be a bit less full-on with them. When my PS updated it didn't seem to take the ability to edit in Efex with it, so decreasing the filter layer isn't so easy but I can presumably have a look at that and fix PS so it does or just use the older version - or play around with them a bit more in Efex Pro which I have started to do recently.









No comments:

Post a Comment