Thursday 15 January 2015

White balance

I have been having trouble with one particular image for A4 - the skin tone is blueish and I'm quite good in Lightroom but am having trouble getting it the skin to look less blue without wrecking the whole image.  I couldn't work out if this was white balance or exposure.  Another student said if I shot in RAW it shouldn't matter what white balance I used as I can set it in post to get it right.  I guess I'm a bit confused.  From what I've been learning if you get it right in-camera then you have less work to do in post.  I know from past experience setting WB correctly in-camera when working with strobes makes a big difference although of course it's correctable in LR if shot in RAW.  And I once had my camera set to daylight, I think, but was shooting under a tree or something like that and the images all came up a bit yellow and it took me ages to get the WB right, I was really annoyed with myself.  When shooting commercially now I always shoot in AWB unless using strobes without any daylight, in which case I set it to flash.  This makes life a lot easier in Post.

The WB on my Fuji images I have noticed sometimes can be a bit green but I wonder if this is because my exposure isn't quite right rather than the WB.

Anyway, I have searched up RAW & settings and this article is quite useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment