Friday 16 January 2015

A4 thoughts

I am going to reshoot some images - the images I have so far are not the final ones I want to use as I still have time to find more, but there are some that I think I may want to include but nevertheless am unhappy with certain aspects. Reshooting and trying to recreate the same sort of thing is a pain and I'm not even sure I'll be able to capture what I've found but something new will come out of it anyway.

Things I'm not happy with - exposure, skin tone, lack of clarity - one or two images don't seem clean enough for this sort of work.  It's so tempting to over-process things in Lightroom and that is the opposite of what I'm after with these particular images.

I've been looking at work of other photographers and the thing I notice in some is how clear the images are.  I've been looking at mine and I've over-sharpened, over clarified, and over coloured. And having blurred it all up for the last two assignments I'm really after as much simplicity as possible with these.  I can see that using and utilising light is the key to this.

I don't mind lots of massively-processed stuff and in fact still really enjoy colouring in on my phone with apps and creating little bits of nonsense there - some of which work quite well, others not so well, but that's the wrong thing entirely for the work I'm doing here for this assignment.  I think I've really learnt something about how I approach some images - and at the moment it's all too hit and miss!

And I also think I should have used a full-frame camera but I've started with a cropped sensor so am going to stick with that - but it's something to think about for the next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment