Tuesday 13 January 2015

A4 assignment notes

Much of what I am photographing is meant to be low key or at any rate filled with deep shadows.  I am finding that by underexposing I am coming up with all sorts of problems.  The colours are tending towards a greenish tone and I am concerned this is because I am underexposing too much.  Also, especially with a shot hat has red in it, by underexposing I give myself very little room for any movement in Lightroom because the red seems so unstable and if I lighten the highlights the red goes wonky.  Having taken hundreds of shots I have two I think I will certainly use and another which I think I might need to reshoot.  I have also rejected two that I thought I'd use but now think I won't after thinking about them. So it's very slow going now.  And I still have a handful of exercises to complete - maybe I should have done those before embarking on the assignment and I might have learnt about the problems I am coming up against.

And...out of the three images I have one works best at 8x10, one at A4 and the other I can't work out. Am I going to have lots of different dimensions?  Will this matter?  Os should they all be the same - will it hang together?


No comments:

Post a Comment