Sunday 22 February 2015

A4 - Further reflection

I have looked at the images I submitted for A4 and hate some of them.  There is too much awful noise on quite a few of them and I need to think very carefully about that in future, I think, for this sort of photography.

After doing a job last night in really difficult lighting conditions I am really aware of noise.  Having spoken to a few much more experienced photographers I know that they go up very high with their ISO and convert to B&W in worst case scenarios and increase the grain so it looks like film to cover the noise - OK for small images.  But it's also really important to get the exposure absolutely spot on because there is no room for movement in LR or PS.  And I think I have not got the exposure spot on in the photos I'm unhappy with and have created too much horrible noise - which is really evident especially when looked at them on a big screen.  I guess I was so concerned with the story.  Also, without all the blur I relied on in the previous assignments which are quite a distraction really, it is really possible to see the technical flaws in my images.

I have always known that I would be less of a technical whiz kid than others because I find it very hard to engage with that side of things but I now feel I need to pay more attention to it all so I can avoid the issues I have seen in the images I submitted for A4 and found in many of the images I took last night in this very dark place where I was working.


No comments:

Post a Comment