Sunday 11 May 2014

Implied lines

Find the implies lines in the following two photographs:

I'm not sure I've got these right.  All the curves seemed like implied lines to me but I'm not clear about it.

The implied lines are probably between the horse and the man, the looking, the man's hand out with his whip. I was having a dim moment - It was hard to work out if 'implied lines' meant the ones that didn't exist but might have, but in retrospect I think that is of course what they mean. 

The find any three photographs of your own and do the same thing:



I really liked the circular line that this photo creates, even though the little girls face is facing away (although it would have been better if it had been ever so slightly more in view).  I also like the loving look between the mum and dad.  Two lines!


I wasn't sure about this one.  I wanted to get some implied lines with movement but not sure I achieved it or not.  I can definitely see lines but they're actually there, although the lines of movement created in the background by the very slow shutter speed (and perhaps I was moving too) might pass as implied... not sure!

This is an eye line again.  I liked the mood but perhaps have put too much shadow over his eye looking at it now.  Maybe it makes it more sinister than it might be, I was trying to make more of the light from the skylight on the baby .  I liked this though because it showed a real moment as opposed to the usual baby shots.  They didn't choose it!

Plan and take two photographs, one with an eye-line and one with lines that point:

Getting these kids to model is painful so I might stop using them for planned photos.  But at least there was one out of many with an eye-line.  The oldest is looking at the middle child and he is looking at the youngest, who is of course looking at me.

I kept looking at this climbing frame for days when ever we went to the play ground with this project in mind, and wondered what I'd be able to make of it.  I wanted to lie underneath it and photograph up but it was so busy the first time I thought about it so I didn't. It would have been covered in people and I'd have felt embarrassed.  Then it was a bit grey when we went another time so I had a chance.  I have put quite a heavy vignette on it to emphasise the converging lines and light behind them and also made the sky more dramatic than it was.  Are they converging or collapsing in on each-other? 

No comments:

Post a Comment