Saturday 11 January 2014

About me

My notebook

Introduction  - Beginning the Art of Photography course.

For a long time I have imagined what it might be like to have a blog but never really felt I had anything worth saying, or rather nothing coherent.  But I think I always secretly hoped there would be something worth saying one day.  Now I must have a blog for this course and I will need to say something.  Coherent or otherwise.

I have a bought a notebook to keep a record of my thoughts and paste images I find interesting for one reason or another in.  Some of those thoughts may end up here.

I have also written a profile for the student site but worry it may be too personal.  I hope not.  It says who I am at the moment and who I am informs what I take photos of and what thoughts I have in relation to everything.  So, when I begin to think about the first assignment on contrasts I have briefly read about and consider things to photograph the opposing images that leap to the forefront of my mind are related to my recent experience.  I am likely quite obsessed by these very powerful contrasts at the moment so it is hardly surprising.

What doesn't surprise me is that I currently have no idea how I will be able to structure this blog so it is easy for others to follow. I look at the blogger screen and see nothing that points me in the right direction.  I hope I will work it out soon.   Otherwise coherence might be something I lose sight of quite quickly - and we could all be left with a chaotic group of maniacal, rambling and possibly unrelated posts. 

As I mention I have begun to read the course document.  And that is where I must head off to now.  I need to write down in my notebook a list of exercises and tasks to achieve in the next few weeks.  Lists, order, headings and sub headings.  Lets all hope I can achieve something of that at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment