Monday 28 July 2014

Primary and secondary colours

18 photographs of the primary and secondary colours taken with exposures as the meter reading suggests then half a stop lighter and half a stop darker.

I wondered round a grubby working farm this afternoon and took the following.  When my friend heard I wanted to take photographs of the primary and secondary colours she was skeptical and told me it's a proper muddy farm so I might struggle.  I was pleased to hear this as rust and grime sounded quite appealing!

I took them all at f1.4, 50mm, and changed the shutter speed to achieve an average meter reading, then set the camera to bracket so it would automatically set itself to take two further shots, one darker, one brighter.  I have done very little in post production to maintain the true effect of exposure in camera - a tiny touch of the clarity slider and some sharpening in Lightroom.

The colours are richer or lighter depending on the exposure, so for instance the purple ones might be mauve, purple or lilac depending on exposure.  Red loses it's redness when there is too much light or becomes too blue if darker.



















No comments:

Post a Comment